First the earth cooled. Many millions of years later, I appeared and decided that having a convenient outlet for self-expression and public exchanges would be a good thing, so here it is. I'll be posting whatever strikes me as interesting, useful, or funny. I hope to get as much as I give, so don't be shy--let me know what you think (click on "Comments (Add/View)" under the entry) and I'll get a notice. I'm Glenn, the Glennformer, and this is Glennformation.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

adventures in the culinary arts

I admit that most of my efforts in food preparation are fairly basic but it's not like I'm stuck there. For example, it occurred to me that instead of unceremoniously dumping my hot, cooked, multi-grain breakfast mush into a bowl I could dump it unceremoniously onto a PLATE, like so:



Then I noticed that, although it tasted great, it didn't look all that appealing due to it landing mostly flat side up. So the next time, voila, dumped on a plate, mostly flat side down PLUS drizzled with honey, like so:



Then, thinking there was nowhere else to go in the breakfast mush arena, I realized I'd been overlooking a fringe benefit of not rinsing out the cooking pot promptly--dry, translucent, mush goo flakes! Clearly these will make either a dandy garnish or an extremely light separate snack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about the grossest looking breakfast I've ever seen. Ever hear of eggs and bacon?

Okay, that was your first official post. (minus the beginnings and working out of pictures). What's next? It's been awhile already! Don't you have this fine holiday off? What are you doing? WORKING?

Glennformer said...

Not quite into the rhythm of daily/frequent postings, which is part of the whole reason I'm doing it. I'm still in feast or famine mode. I've decided that, when all else fails and I have nothing new/interesting to say, I'll post some picture mails and captions that you've seen but not many others have. Speaking of which, my puff pastry (with liberal substitutions) comes to mind.